Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The start of my marriage


I am one of the most impatient people I know, or possibly you'll ever know. I can never wait, for anything. Not even for my daughter to be born.(I went and got induced) 
Today in church we went over Joshua 5-8 but the part that stuck out to me was where He is telling Joshua he should have went to Him for His guidance on Ai.

Short run of this story:
God had the Isralight's destroy Jerusalem, and that land was to be devoted to the Lord and everything that was left was devoted and only for the Lord. (Anything that has been devoted to the Lord be comes precious to Him, and it is just for him) Well things where taken from Ai, and the man that took the devoted things of the Lord was stoned to death along with his family. *I know Harsh* 

What I am learning ever day is to be more and more patient. It is a slow agonizing process, but I am doing it with the grace of the Lord. 
What this blog is about, Me and My Husband, Rants, Raves, and Me learning to be a wife.

Who I am Jamie Rye-Seeley, my husband Zach.

The day we met was eight days after my brothers birthday, (I will get to why this is important in a bit.) July 10 2011. I had gone tubing in the Salt River with a bunch of friends that day. Needless to say it is a very hot party spot during the summer, and I ended up drunk. After about 5 hours the river ride ended, but the fun did not. We headed back to Ben’s house to continue the party fun. That is where I met my Zach. He had a MMA tournament that day, but his mother, Jackie, fell off a ladder and broke her leg. So instead of heading to the tournament he headed to Bens to play beer pong. When he walked in I smelled his Armani Black cologne. I told him he smelt good, and he was kind of stuck up. So guess what I did, I told him off, for being rude.

(Nothing makes me more upset then some jerky guy that think he is Mr. God’s gift to earth because he had name brand clothing… Rude guys will be talked about at some point I am sure.)

Just so it is clear my husband is not that guy at all. He was just upset about his tournament, and at that point I knew nothing of it. Also, maybe I should clarify now I was at a really bad point in my life where I just did not care ant more… but the reason for that is to come.

Later, we where all playing beer pong, and flashing on the river came up. Well one of the guys started complaining. So I flashed him, he just happened to be standing next to Zach. So I flashed him as well. (I was really really drunk.) Right after that I started not filling so hot, so I went to lie down. One of the other guys that where at the party took it upon himself to assume we where going to hook up. (No matter how drunk I’ve ever been I have never hooked up with any one, and never will. Even this girl *ME* who was in the darkest place of her life had some morals left.) BACK to jerky guys, I hate this guy even more then the stuck up ones, you know the ones you see in high school, in college, at the bar, or even a life time movie. The ones that try to take advantage of the drunken defenseless chick, well I am not nor will ever be defenseless and I punched him and kicked him off the bed. He left crying and screaming.

(Ladies please heed my warning. DO NOT EVER TAKE A DRINK IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHATS IN IT. PLEASE DO NOT EVER LEAVE WITH SOME GUY YOU DO NOT KNOW. PLEASE DO NOT THINK BECAUSE YOU MET SOMEONE AND THEY ARE CHARMING THAT YOU KNOW THEM AND THEY ARE THE ONE. Give everything time to play out properly. The sad truth is you never truly know someone until you have been through hell with them and that takes love, commitment, and marriage. Sadly it took me a long time to learn that.)

The next day, Zach my husband, sent me a request on facebook, and we started talking. That was the start to the rest of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment